BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Turkey-Avocado Melt


(Disclaimer: This is not an actual picture of what I made but recipes are always better with pictures!)

2 Slices Orowheat 100% Whole Wheat Bread- 200 Calories
1 Slice Pepper Jack Cheese- 80 Calories
6 Slices Oscar Mayer Oven Roasted Turkey (Thin Slice)- 45 Calories
1/4- Sliced Avocado- 60 Calories

Served with 4 oz of Cantaloupe sliced- 36 calories

Total: 421 Calories

I coated the outside of the bread with "I Can't Believe it's not Butter" spray (0 calories) and cooked them on the George Foreman Grill. Perfect summer dinner and REALLY delicious and filling according to Bud the official "taste tester". You can add other things to the sandwich such as tomatoes and or cucumbers if you don't want to toast it and you can serve it with any fruit of choice. Enjoy!

Tomorrow: Italian (Turkey) Sausage & Veggie Pasta

4 comments:

Corissa and Spencer Smith said...

I will totally have to make this for us! Spencer will eat anything and especially anything with avocado on it! :) Thanks chica!!

The Smith Family said...

Mmm.. looks good! I want a bite.
Shelley

Danny and Veronica said...

I totally support the idea of a blog with EASY healthy recipes. I got the Weight Watchers cookbook, and it's way too complicated. So, I would love to see your recipes. Thanks!!

MJ said...

good idea