Talapia Baked with Couscous
by Rachael Ray
submitted by Bethany Struthers
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20-25 min
Servings: 2 (recipe on the website makes 4)
* 5 oz of couscous- 407 Calories
* 1/4 cup slivered almonds- 170 Calories
* 1 T sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped- 10 Calories
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin- 0 Calories
* Salt and pepper- 0 Calories
* 1 1/2 T plus 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil- 180 Calories
* 1 tsp fresh lemon juice plus 1 lemon, thinly sliced- 13 Calories
* Two 6-8 ounce tilapia fillets- 98 Calories each
* 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley- 0 Calories
Total: 390 Calories per serving
Substitute any thin, delicate white fish, such as red snapper or sole, for the tilapia.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine the couscous, almonds, sun-dried tomatoes and cumin and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the 1/4 cup olive oil and the lemon juice.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange the tilapia fillets in a single layer in the dish, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cover the fish with the couscous mixture and arrange the lemon slices on top. Pour 2½ cups water around the fish, cover with foil and bake until tender, about 25 minutes. Top with the parsley.