- 1 Package of Whole Wheat Pizza Dough (Fresh & Easy or Trader Joe's)- 1120 Calories (don't freak out it's for the whole pizza!)
- 1/2 C. Pizza Sauce- 50 Calories
- 1/2 C. Sliced Tomatoes- 16 Calories
- 1/2 C. Sliced Zucchini- 9 Calories
- 2/3 C. Fancy Shredded Mozzarella Cheese- 160 Calories
- 17 Slices of Hormel Turkey Pepperoni- 70 Calories
Let pizza sit at room temperature for about 20 min. roll out on counter using a little flour (I like to spray a little cooking spray instead., less mess to clean up.) and place on your pizza stone, or pan. Spread pizza sauce on top, add toppings (you can use whatever combo of veggies you like this is just what we had), and cheese. Bake at 450' for about 15 minutes (may need longer depending on your oven).
Total: 178 Calories per slice
Meal Total: 2 Slices plus salad below is a grand total of only 444 Calories!
- 1 C Romaine Lettuce- 8 Calories
- 1 Roma Tomato- 10 Calories
- 2 Tbsp Kraft Caesar Vinaigrette w/Parmesan- 70 Calories (I usually use less than 2 Tbsp)
This was an awesome meal! We were both a little skeptical about the wheat crust but it was SO good. Really soft and good for you too! It was super easy to make, more healthy than ordering out and really cheap. The crust was only $1.30 and the whole pizza probably cost us about $5 or $6 to make. Only problem is that I wanted more when I was done. But eating it with a salad filled me up and I ate the rest for lunch today. Enjoy!
Tomorrow: Southwest BBQ Chicken Salad