Spicy Oriental Stir Fry
Prep time: 40 - 45 minutes
Calories figures are per serving
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed- 83 Calories
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green or red bell pepper (or you can mix them)- 11 Calories
- 1 cup snow peas- 16 Calories
- 1/4 C. Scallions (green onions)- 6 Calories
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks- 105 Calories
- 3/4 C. Minute Brown Rice- 200 Calories
Sauce: 45 Calories
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- Drain pineapple; reserve 2 tablespoons juice.
- Stir together ketchup, reserved juice, sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce in bowl; set aside.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and add bell pepper; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add snow peas, cook 2 minutes more or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Remove vegetables from pan.
- Spray skillet again if needed and add chicken. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in reserved sauce, pineapple chunks, green onions and vegetables; heat until hot. Serve over rice.
*TIP: Substitute 1/2 package (16 oz.) frozen Oriental vegetable medley for bell peppers and snow peas, if desired. Add frozen vegetables in step 3 above, cook 3 to 4 minutes. Proceed as above.